Monday, July 28, 2008

YOU GOTTA LOVE 'EM

The Dynamic Trio. Finalizing this Sunday's Worship set this afternoon at 4, I received a text from Joy telling me that she'll pick me up "6-ish" from church for dinner with Lennie at the mall! I kept working, occasionally glancing at the clock infront of me to be sure I'd be at the lobby earlier than I expect her to arrive. At 5:30, I received a message telling me to come down to the driveway and that she's waiting there! Well, 5:35 is not exactly 6-ish, is it?

Dinner, by the way, was at my prodding.

After dinner, we walked to Powerbooks. We ended up going to our favorite sections of the bookstore. I bought a book by James Cymbala, Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire. Lennie bought a book about touring Manila's little known but amazing spots. Joy browsed titles-- just titles, I guess. At Cafe Breton, we each ordered what I dearly call, pet desserts (stuff we never get tired having!). Our conversation was sprinkled with fairy dusts, basketball, vacations, relationships, people, ideas, etc.

On the way out, Joy tried to insist that she "drop" me at Shang-rila to meet with Marybeth and Heidi who are in Manila for a three-week holiday from Michigan and Ontario, respectively, to tell them, at Marky's suggestion, of the already known fact that they missed their flight to Boracay this morning! Some people are way too smart to suggest that I tell others about something already obvious, aren't they? Haha!

The Dynamic Duo. Yesterday at the morning service, I stood during praise and worship at my favorite section in church when i lifted my eyes to balcony and saw a familiar face standing out of the Sunday morning crowd! Marybeth! Standing beside her was Heidi! They'd flown in a day before and made sure to come to worship at GCF- their home church while they both served as missionaries with Faith Academy until June 2007.

Seeing them in church was a total delight, more so having to shake their hands and engage in a real nice conversation with them. They were meeting a missionary couple for lunch but it was raining cats and dogs! Typhoon Igme's tailend was stronger than I thought it would be! Observing the howling winds, gustiness and heavy rains evidenced by the fallen bushes and potted plants at the church patio, it wouldn't take a genius to figure out that no one can run into it without getting drenched!

In their Sunday best, Marybeth and Heidi ran out of the church and into the rain! Ingrid smiled at me and said, "Hmmm...what brave cowgirls! I wouldn't do that!" Had they waited 15 minutes, they would have made it to the mall a little drier!

The Creatively Crazy Team. Returning from lunch last Sunday, I met with the Worship Creative Planning Team. Our meeting may be best described as a productively creative crazy jungle! 'nough said!

These people surrounding me-- Oh, you gotta love em!


young adult 1


No comments: