Wednesday, July 23, 2008

MEN TALK

Men and Mood Swing! Having a nice balance of male and female friends, I love how God wired both genders so uniquely! 


I just got home from dinner with my single bros!! You know how it is when men eat out together-- we can't help but notice pretty girls who walk past our table, or outside the restaurant, or at the counter; dinner conversations vary from the midweek service sermon to family issues, from sports to politics, from critiquing movies to digging philosophical concepts. When I eat out with my female friends, we talk about their pet passions and other people (which isn't bad at all-- just different)!


As ma' men were just about to finish eating, one of my female friends came by from a nearby restaurant where her family had dinner and sat amongst us-- immediately, the mood changed!


The Case of a Misplaced Heart. Over the course tonight's dinner conversation (briefly before the girl joined us)-- along the line of girls, match-making, and relationships, I said something that seemed to have come out lightly or loosely, or rather jokingly that struck a chord in some guy's heart! What did you say? You ask. Simple, I just said, "I gave my heart away a long time ago and never got it back." On the way out of the mall, we again briefly talked about what I said, and just like any other men talk, before we knew it, we quickly shifted from that to "Nice hanging out with you guys! God bless!" If I were among girls, they would have asked us to go to a nearby coffee shop and talk some more about what I said!


Just last Tuesday, I was watching a worship webcast of church in Minnesota where a man named Don Bugbee was sharing his story about how he once fell in love with the girl of his dreams as a college student. His relationship with her grew, and they eventually married. One summer 11 years later, after a long vacation from the beach his wife informed him that there is another man in her life. His shock of the news was coupled by hopelessness. His heart was broken into pieces and there was no way for him to win her back. The bits and pieces of what was left of his heart was blown away. In no time they divorced, and he lost his heart away to pain.


He gave his life to Christ. It wasn't until he was able to forgive his ex-wife when he began to feel that healing taking place and his heart taking shape again. He has remarried another woman who loves God more than she loves him.


1624


No comments: