Thursday, October 9, 2008

A MARRIAGE PROPOSAL TO RACHEL

I may not be actively dating or in a relationship, but I have thought of, devised, planned on how to propose to the girl I intend to marry. Some plans have sprinkles of Hollywood fairy dust, others are so avant-garde. At any rate, a marriage proposal for me remains to be a concept!

A couple of years ago ('05), I met a number of young adults from Hillsong Church Sydney. They were my first real connection with the famed Hillsong Church. We had so much fun together worshipping God, talking, touring around, and holding a worship seminar. Since they left they never fail to send a text message over the holidays, send an email, and leave a message on Facebook!

When we all met we were all in our early-mid twenties who were largely not interested with marriage just yet as we were with enjoying the simple single life with some sparks and flares of romance on the side. And then, one by one the girls got proposed to and eventually married.

The leader of the team, Shaun- a guy of Australian/Malaysian/Portuguese descent is the one I grew closest to due to our common interests. We talked about pretty much everything from prayer life to theology to the emergent church movement, from girls to google to fine arts! He was the most teased guy because he was thought of as the least inclined to be romantic!

Recently, my good friend Shaun, broke that notion and did this...(video)

shaun rachel

Sweet, huh? Oh boy, all my friends are getting hitched! NO PRESSURE!

No comments: