Monday, September 15, 2008

FEELING "CHEF" TODAY

After having my quiet time this morning, I made a couple of grilled cheese sandwiches for breakfast! Yeah! I know, that ain't a typical breakfast. But I had bananas and orange juice too, that gave a little breakfast feel to a not-so-normal breakfast! It's fun to buy bread from Le Coeur de France especially at the end of the day when they are disposing of all their products- either buy-one-take-one or 50% Off! I love using Bega Lite sliced cheese! I discovered that a grilled cheese sandwich tastes better when you sprinkle herbs (basil, thyme and rosemary) on the cheese, before grilling both sides of the bread! Yum!

great_grilled_cheese

I had a 10AM pastors' meeting at church, that ran 'til quarter to twelve. By the time some of the staff started ordering food for lunch, I still felt quite full. So I kept working until I finished some stuff for this coming Sunday's worship and totally lost track of time. I had a cup of coffee, and several glasses of water! I finally had lunch at 8PM (that's just about an hour ago!).

What did I have for my 8PM lunch? I met with an old friend quickly before heading home, and chose not to stop by any fastfood restaurant because I was feeling a bit "cheffy" tonight! I made this amazing pan-seared herbs-and-pepper-crusted salmon. The last time I went shopping, I found a variety of fish on sale- dory, cod, salmon and tuna! I only got the frozen rock-solid Norwegian salmon! Three large pieces for P200 is a pretty good deal! I also got some greens. I blanched some spinach and made a lemon juice-crushed garlic-salt-olive oil vinaigrette to drizzle 'em greens with! And of course, fragrant jasmine rice! It was while tossing the spinach salad when Joy texted to asked where I was!

pan-seared-salmon
it's tastier than it looks!
spinach2

Believe it or not, the whole meal was prepared in just a little less than 30 minutes! Eat your heart out Rachel Ray! I might as well run a cooking show for single male young adults! "How goood is thaaat?"

I also figured, Yakult is a good substitute to white wine!!

-----

Yesterday's worship services were just amazing! Joy had some slight "boo-boos" at the piano at the 7 and 9AM services! Other than those, we had a marvelous time worshipping God!

And oh, I had a great meal at Som's Noodle House in Makati with Joy and Lennie-- at Lennie's prodding! Som's is this really cheap-looking, hole-in-the-wall street-side Thai eatery surprisingly frequented by people we don't normally expect to see eating street food!

No comments: