Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Couldn't say "i love you."

Season 2 of my "favorite" TV drama begins around Chuck Bass' quest to win back his "true love", Blair Waldorf. However, reeling from the fact that he ditched her at the airport, Blair has hooked up with a British Lord by the name of Marcus, originally in an attempt to make Chuck jealous. She succeeds. That forced Chuck to admit that the reason he abandoned her; it was out of the fear that she would "see" the true him, implying that he was afraid to let her get too close. However, when Blair tried to squeeze out of Chuck the words, "I love you" from him, the articulate young man is mummed. Disappointed, Blair decides to continue her relationship with Marcus. Check this video out!

Video Courtesy of CW Television Network on YouTube

A couple of days ago on the way home from a road trip, my companions and I engaged in a "hot seat" type conversation (which I blame myself for initiating). I found myself admitting that I am very careful in using the word "love" in a romantic sense as some would loosely. That is why -eventhough not entirely- like the character, Chuck Bass, I find it hard to say "I love you." Not because I'm afraid, but because I believe I should only say those words to someone I know I'm ready to express 'em to, and no more taking back. Additionally, saying it means nothing unless accompanied by deeds, after all, "Love is as love does."

I am not expressing myself well...but then again, it's 2:30 in the morning!

No comments: