Sunday, November 30, 2008

THE KOENIGS' WEDDING

"She is not interested in any guy; I think she has the gift of celibacy!" so I told a guy who confided he was interested in her once, five years ago. I was wrong.

She married Morris Koenig last Saturday. And despite their difference- cultural, age and physical stature (he's 6'4" she's 4'6")- they fell in love and decided to tie the knot.

PB290053

Brenda was a senior in Bible College when I entered as a freshman. But I think she was already in her thirties when I enrolled, and I learned from her batchmates that was being groomed to become registrar of the college. The year I was going to graduate, she'd enrolled at the Asian Theological Seminary. She met her a couple of years ago through a common friend. He liked her, she liked him back, they fell in love.

It was a simple ceremony and dinner attended by, maybe, around 100 people. And because it was almost exclusive for family and some really close friends, I wondered how and where I fit in in both categories-- other than the fact that we went to the same school, I can't think of any other way we got close. Given that fact, the invitation came as a surprise. I knew she was getting married last Saturday and I really didn't even expect to get invited. But I'm thankful, I did get an invitation.

The wedding ceremony felt like it was just a sideshow to the actual event, a Bible college alumni homecoming- for me, at least. But of course, that evening was for her and her husband, Morris. Morris invited Brenda's friends to coffee at the ground floor of the hotel where they were to spend their wedding night after the simple dinner. And again, I was counted among that number.

The coffee time with some Bible college alumni following the wedding was a delight!

DSCF2688

DSCF2593

Sad-- I wanted a venti dark chocolate cherry drink, I got a peppermint latte

DSCF2592

Girls from Bible college.

My niece uploaded photos of Thursday night's Thanksgiving dinner! That turkey looks amazing-- but what's a Filipino-Chinese feast without pansit (left foreground)!!!!

th 2 copy

No comments: