Friday, August 29, 2008

THOUGHTS IN THE WEE HOURS

It's been two hours since I arrived home from a concert and late dinner. Over dinner, I began to feel so sleepy-- my eyelids were way heavier than they normally felt and chewing was interrupted occasionally by embarassingly big yawns! My day had been quite full, and I figured that I am no longer accustomed to spending more than an hour in a cab on heavily trafficked roads on the way to one of the busiest sections of the city. I must say however that the amazing choral music at the concert made my evening (Boublil and Schonberg's One Day More keeps ringing in my head)!

I hate it when it's past 12 midnight and I am still not asleep. And so, for no other reason aside from merely wanting to doze off to the sound of a bunch of Britons conversing with their cute English accent, I'm watching, yet again, Pride and Prejudice! Watching it always makes me sleepy...well, it should, and I'm wondering why the chick flick's magic of making me fall asleep isn't working!

Anyway, just a thought I feel I have to write down.

Over the last several days, I have been learning a truth someone I know dreaded to come face to face with. Truth is something we all need to face no matter how dreadful they may be. Embracing truth unlocks the doorway to a life expressed in joy and profound gratitude despite the obstacles that confront us.

How do we finally come to acknowledge this? We reach a point when we can no longer pray with words because we get lost in them. But through the Spirit’s inward intercession with sighs too deep for words, He gives us peace. If we allow ourselves, we can receive this great gift of God in which His Spirit is that one interceding for us.

No comments: