Thursday, August 7, 2008

STRANGE THINGS

A Photo. A girl handed me a photo last Sunday and asked if I could give to the librarian so her Church Library ID will be processed. I had no other place to put it other than my wallet. So I slipped it over my own ID. Over breakfast the next day even as I insisted to pay the bill, a relative saw the picture in my wallet and concluded with great joy that I have finally found a girl! No one will know how much explaining I had to do to convince my well-meaning relative that the girl in the picture is just a friend! He believed.

A DVD. My relative realized on my second attempt to explain after his second round of teasing that the girl in the picture isn't in any romantic way related to me, he gave a DVD, No Reservations- the reason being: "besides the fact that you find Catherine Zeta-Jones pretty, you need some romance in your life." Thoughtful. Just a wee bit out of place! I should say though, that I have been wanting to buy a DVD copy for a fairly long time since the price went down from when it first came out. I bought a VCD set several months ago and accidentally leaned over the poor CDs on my bed and cracked 'em beyond use! I'm watching the movie as I type this entry!

no-reservations-3

A COLD. Four day into this really nasty cold, I'm hoping for a miracle for this to go before Saturday worship and choir rehearsals. Last night at our midweek service, I led worship sounding like my nostrils have been stuffed with loads of cotton, and I had trouble reaching high notes. I am feeling a lot better now compared to the last couple of days when I found my head on my office table tucked between my two arms. I knew I should have stayed at home to rest but I had so much things to do! For some reason, the medicines at the Church office hardly worked! I had taken a few pills since I began feeling I was coming down with a cold. I should talk to the HR Director to put in a fresh and effective supply of medicines!


Cold

A NEW OLD BOOK. A week ago, I bought this book by Jim Cymbala called Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire which is sort of like the biography of the church he pastors, The Brooklyn Tabernacle. It now sits on my nightstand. It's an old book really- released perhaps 10 years ago but like it's title, I feel a blow of fresh wind everytime I open it and read a chapter before bedtime. It's inspring, really- inviting people to go back the basics of a life lived out in the power of the Spirit. I dare not do a book review here just yet- I will wait until I read through the whole book. But it is a must read for every pastor! How did it make it to this blog entry titled Strange Things-- well, I have walked past a pile of it in a shelf at a local bookstore, always wanting to purchase a copy but never actually doing it until lately. Now, I wish I read it earlier!

Freshwind


No comments: