Wednesday, February 25, 2009

YOU CHANGED MY LIFE (NOT A REVIEW)

Just a quick note before I head to my class.

Last night after the midweek service, I went and saw a Tagalog movie and felt very "high schoolly" again! Although the story revolved around two young adults, the giddiness it generates is quite teenie! Throughout the original Filipino movie-loving-young adult-filled cinema, there was palpable excitement with the many sighs and "eeeeks" and "ahhh".

YouChangedMyLife

It was a fun and funny movie, aside of course from the fact that the main female character in the flick goes to GCF regularly-- when she's not very busy, either in our Tagalog Worship or the English Vespers-- and although, I really haven't had the chance to meet with her other than shake her hand as well as her family members' no longer than two minutes she still is a part of our worshipping community. I don't get star-struck when I see celebrities, I guess that's a gift, but it sure feels great to see a movie in which someone I also see in church plays a major role! But I wish I could invite her to sing in our worship services once in a while.

Although I am not a huge fan of Tagalog movies- and that doesn't mean I am not patriotic enough; I'm just picky, I guess- it's something I would endorse for people to watch. It's clean enough with a lot of good strong messages on family values, hard-work, and purity, with lots of humorous cliches and witty quips!

OK, so I'm off to teach....ciao!

No comments: