Saturday, February 7, 2009

A WEEK'S MEMOIRS (on getting sick and Sunday worship)

Early Monday morning I tried to finalize the worship song selection for Sunday (today, 020809) after spending some time praying and reading Acts 16:22-40 which is the basis for the sermon by the Senior Pastor.

Tuesday night around 10PM, after dinner and coffee with one of my students in worship studies class together with the Bible college chaplain, I sat on my bed with my Bible opened to the same passage, and felt I needed to revise my worship song selection. I did. I was excited with how the Lord impressed upon me which songs to choose and somewhat do away with the one I prepared earlier. I went to bed around 1AM, with my throat beginning to feel a bit hoarse.

Cold

Wednesday morning, I woke up with clogged nose and a speaking voice like Yoda's. The cold virus has incubated through the night. I still had enough strength to jog and walk, but I exhausted my energy that morning so I struggled to go to the office. At work, I gave 'orders' for the songs to be put on slides and sheet music to be prepared for Saturday reharsals. I have prepared some songs earlier for Midweek service, but as the day progressed, I was beginning to lose my voice. Before evening fell fever has also set in. I asked for someone else to lead worship in our Midweek service. On my way home, I stopped by the drugstore to get myself some meds hoping I wouldn't collapse or anything. After I eaten dinner at the mall I asked a relative to pick me up and bring me home. Too busy and only able to be done with commitments after 9, I was advised to rest in the cinema! I chose the film Doubt and slept through it. I hoped to get well before Saturday as I had to sing at a wedding, and lead worship on Sunday, attend my godchild, Ethan's birthday, and facilitate the Boys Talk at FBC's retreat.

I again struggled to rise and be at Faith Bible College to teach- it was submission day of a major paper so I had to be there. and receive papers. After the last of the papers done that day, I went home and arrived severely sick ending up calling someone else to help lead Sunday's worship. Tita Boots of 4Word was so helpful in troubleshooting and damage control in the worship ministry caused by my sudden sickness. I rested all day Thirsday and Friday, and Saturday and today!

Fever broke late in the afternoon yesterday as I listened to classical sacred music while reading Twilight which was lent to me by one of ministry assistants at church, Minneli.

I'm feeling a lot better than I did the past couple of days. My voice is still hoarse, I still have some occasional headaches and struggling with cold. But I'm recuperating, thank God and those who consistently prayed for me over the last several days.

This morning, I got word that worship in church was absolutely amazing with a beautiful sense of God's presence by the people. I received text messages and calls about it. Migs Orleans, Cindy Camungao and 4Word are eing used by God to minister to His people's hearts through worship leadership and ultimately glorifying His name through all that's happened.

The Lord has given, the Lord has taken away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

me 6 4word 2 4word 3

No comments: