Friday, December 12, 2008

GIVING AWAY STARBUCK STICKERS

It's starbucks-giving-away-new-planners-provided-you-spend-way-too-much-money-on-their-overpriced-imported-coffee time of the year again.

Starbucks wasn't as full as I expected it would be on a Friday night. Maybe folks were still out in their parties! So, I was standing at the customers' the side of the counter admiring the 2009 Starbucks Planner displayed atop the dessert display fridge when the barista called my attention, "Sir...this counter is open."

starbucks christmas

I walked towards her side and gave my orders: a grande Dark Cherry Mocha and one grande Toffee Nut Latte- both hot, and a cup of brewed coffee! The barista and I went through the normal routine-- I order, she repeats my order, she asks for my name and writes it on the cups, she punches in my orders, tells me how much my bill is, I hand her money, she gives me back my change. Then she asked me if I have a sticker card. I didn't (I still don't). She asked if I would want one, I said no. Then I noticed a girl beside me holidng a sticker card. "She could have my stickers" I told the barista, and turned to the 20-ish-looking girl and asked, "Would you like to have my stickers?" She smiled and said, "Wow! Yes! Thanks!" She handed the sticker card to the barista. With my three stickers, she completed the entire sticker collection! Within minutes she got her new planner! She kept thanking me for the stickers. I said, "You're welcome" and walked towards the claim section to wait for the drinks I ordered.

She ordered her drink and got a new sticker card.

sticker card

She walked towards me holding up her phone and asked if she can take a picture with the guy who made her "complete" this season! A quick photo opp followed! "Merry Christmas!" I said, invited her to church and walked away! I hope she comes to church on Sunday.

No comments: