Thursday, January 8, 2009

ON GIRLS AND JOGGING

This blog entry is random and mundane.

One of the good things about being 30 and single is that you get to verbally express your clean appreciation of women's physical beauty and not fear for your own dear life!

After my morning job, I had a cup of coffee and a raisin bagel at Mister Donuts joined by three married men aged between five years my senior and two years my junior. We were all facing the glass curtain that gave us a full view of the pedestrian/walkers/runners lane. Just as I was about to give an answer to the question, "What did Jesus mean when He said, 'Give your other cheek....'?" one of the regular pretty female joggers ran by. One of the guys said, "Whoa! Did you see that one? I look forward to seeing her each morning." Knowing that I am a Christian-- and a pastor at that, the other two kept silent. And in that really awkward silence, we all heard a faint but authoritative voice saying, "I heard that!" Lo and behold, it was his wife whom we didn't know had snuck in while we were appreciating the "drizzle of rain fallin' on the silvery pavement" - that was his excuse, by the way!

She laughed. We laughed. "I know my hubby loves me...Don't you?" she stated. She walked out of the donut shop to go for another run around the mall. As soon as her image paled in the distance, her husband said, "Lagot ako!" (an expression of fear-- oh, btw, I've been permitted to write about this).

"You're so lucky, pastor, you can 'purely' appreciate other women's physical beauty without and live to tell the tale!" he told me.

"What's your type, pastor?"

"Oh...me, since I started jogging, I've found out that I like athletic girls...and I always liked the angelic face of young Olivia Hussey (gal in the 1960s Romeo and Juliet) who looks a wee like Leighton Meester....Yeah!"

Olivia_Hussey2

Olivia_Hussey

"O yeah...that Gossip Girl girl is pretty." cried one.

"She was born to a convict....her mom was in prison while pregnant with her! Drugs, I believe!" said another. Who knew there was a showbiz expert in our midst?

I was not able to give an answer to that "Give your other cheek..." question. *SNAP* Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: