Tuesday, October 13, 2009

NO MORE NIGHT

Another quick note. I feel as busy as an ant!

I had been busy in fact that I realized just this morning that my grandmother's birthday (mom's mom) was last Thursday. Does it matter? Well, probably not as much when she was still living. But I want to write something about her.

She was the greatest opponent to my mom's conversion to the evangelical Christian faith. And although she never disowned my mom she had so much distaste for anything "Protestant." I remember my mom crying one morning during her devotions. She was praying for my grandma's salvation. Having felt led to make another attempt to share the Gospel with her, my mom went to visit her only to return disappointed! Another failed attempt. It was when my mom gave up when she received a phone call one afternoon. It was grandma telling my mom that she had just received Christ as Savior and Lord. My mom went to the nearest Christian bookstore, bought a Bible and gave it to grandma! It was my mom's happiest day!

My dad used to refer to my grandma as "Hitler" due to her very grumpy attitude! But Christ made a whole lot of difference in her life following her conversion. She became so positive that even in the last days of her life all she wanted was to make sure all her surviving kids know Christ. She died in 1988. My mom died in 1996. Today all her surviving children and many of her relatives are serving Christ!

My mom and grandma are both enjoying their heavenly rewards in a place where there is no more night, no more pain, no more tears, all they do is sing praises to Christ the king.

No comments: